It’s no secret that this squirrel loves a good cup of brew, and one of my favourite places to frequent is Dutch Brothers coffee, aka Dutch Bros, aka the Dutch Mafia, etc. They’ve always been a little . . . different, as far as the personality of the people working there. Everyone seems really happy, amped up, and probably thoroughly caffeinated. But maybe there’s something more?
I came across something called the “Optimist’s Creed” on their website, and it was so interesting and inspiring I thought I’d share it here. It’s got some good stuff about feeling positive, and HOW TO be positive in daily life. So here we go:
Here at Dutch Bros., we’re all about being positive and lovin’ life. That’s why when we came across the Optimist’s Creed, we decided to adopt it as our own and call it the Dutch Creed. We strive to pass the good vibes on to our employees and customers through leadership within our company, and customer service. Check it out; it just might change your state-of-mind:
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only the best, to work only for the best and expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.